Monday, October 12, 2009

The path towards future

This is the last week of holidays. 6 weeks of holidays have just past so quickly. Looking back at what I have done, I was rather pleased that I had a holiday job. I was glad that this holidays have not been spent in vain. Afterall, looking at the huge increment in my bank balance is a heartening thing.

I kept myself occupied for the past few days, surfing the web to plan the path of my future. It was not any easy job indeed. I almost gave up the decision to apply for the scholarship. Studying in Singapore is a lot easier than going overseas. You don't have to take the SAT test which will last for 4 consecutive hours inclusive of some break time. There are 3 sections to be taken.

1) Writing
2) Critical Reading
3) Maths

Maths should not be a huge problem, however the writing and critical reading might be the headache. They test your vocabulary and your essay writing, which I have never written any since the module, Critical Reasoning Skills, in Year 1. However, I reassured myself that I can do well for that because I did remembered that I got an A for that module. Perhaps all I have to do is to go through the way of structuring the essay, organizing my thoughts and maybe read more widely. SAT test is going to be the longest test I would ever have taken.

There are even more reasons as to why studying in Singapore is easier?

You don't have to go through that scholarship interview. Even if you really got that scholarship, you don't have to go through even more interviews. Interviews as in those interviews that will be held by the universities. And I was even more demoralized after seeing this.


Click to see a clearer image.

All the choice of colleges offered are so difficult to get in. Under the column selectivity, all of them are grouped under 'MOST SELECTIVE'. Which means, even if I m really really lucky enough to get the scholarship, I may not be able to enter that college I wanted. One word to describe my thoughts now, CONFUSED.

I know that if I want to study overseas, there will be lots of obstacles that I will have to overcome. But studying overseas allows you to see and experience a whole new different world.

Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we are curious.

And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Maybe I should do like what Walt Disney said. Curiosity will lead us down new paths. In this way, we wouldn't have to worry about the future, because it will open it's door for you when the time comes. As what the Chinese always say: "船到桥头自然直"

Tata.

No comments: